A great trade show booth is an investment. It shouldn’t just be a one-use purchase; it should be something you and your company can utilize for years and years to come. Unfortunately, after a booth has been used once, many exhibitors simply return to their office, throw it in a closet, and forget about it for the next year. This is a big no-no. Trade show booths and displays require stringent care and maintenance if they’re going to survive multiple uses.
Want to ensure your trade show booth is in it for the long haul? Then follow these simple maintenance tips:
- Keep it somewhere climate controlled. Most booths are highly vulnerable to heat damage. It can dry out, warp, and downright ruin a great exhibit if you’re not careful. Help prevent this by keeping your booth in a cool, climate-controlled area while it’s not in use.
- Take it completely down, fold it up, and store it properly. We know you’re probably in a hurry to get out of the trade show once it’s all wrapped up, but be sure to take your time taking down and folding up the pieces of your booth. If you store your exhibit in a haphazard way, it’s likely going to end up creased, bent, or broken the next time you bring it out.
- Get it laminated or use vinyl. Lamination and vinyl can help ensure your booth isn’t susceptible to water damage while it’s in storage. If lamination isn’t possible, be sure to store your booth pieces in an airtight container to protect it instead.
- Check in on it regularly. It’s easy for your booth to be out of sight, out of mind when it’s not in use. However, make sure to set aside time every month or so just to do a quick once-over of it. You’ll want to ensure there’s no damage from the elements and that there haven’t been any pesky mice or rodents nibbling on it while you weren’t looking.
- Use Ballance Display. If you’re not up to the task of maintaining your trade show booth on your own, let us handle it. We’ll keep your exhibit safe with our comprehensive storage services or, if your trade show booth has been damaged over time, you can even opt for our refurbishment services to get it back to prime condition.
Need more tips on caring for your trade show booth? Contact Ballance Display today.